Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Reminds me of the 60's

When I first saw this item my mind went back to my childhood. I can vividly remember traveling on what seemed like endless trips in our family "boat". Actually it was a Buick LeSabre 1963. To a kid the interior seemed as big as a room in the house. At the time I did not realize how frugal(cheap) my parents were. Looking back I can see many lessons they taught me on how to save money. One was an item very much like this one, which is called an Auto Beverage Warmer. We always had one on our car for long trips. Neither my mother nor my father could survive for more than a few hours without drinking a cup of coffee. They also grew up in a time, the Great Depression, where they had to conserve every way the could to survive. They rarely purchased coffee, at restaurants or convenience stores like we do today. They packed coffee, cups, spoons, sugar, creamer, and whatever items they needed to make their own as the traveled, with the help of their 1960's era water warmer.

No comments:

Post a Comment